All orders are processed and shipped within 1 to 2 business days. However, most items are normally shipped the same business day if they are placed before 11AM EST and paid with credit card without complication. The exceptions are items that are backordered or complications with payment. Backordered items will be shipped as soon as they become available. Payment complications include: billing information inconsistent with what's on the credit card record, and orders that can't be verified by phone. Orders placed during non-business hours such as evenings, weekends and holidays are normally processed and shipped on the next business day.
ColdSteelKnivesDirect.com ships by UPS and USPS (FedEx when necessary). Unless otherwise specified, orders will be shipped by standard UPS Ground service. Once the package has been shipped, you may visit our site and track your package here. Simply enter your order number found on your receipt in your email and your tracking information will be displayed. We currently ship only in the US, Canada and Australia due to security issues with other international orders. The delivery time depends on the shipping method selected and your destination.
Please make sure you enter your address correctly as the label will be printed just as you enter your information. Make sure you enter apartment numbers, suite numbers or any other details. We are not responsible for incorrectly entered addresses. Shipping charges are not refundable.
- We ship anywhere in the USA, Canada and Australia.
- FedEx may be used in place of UPS when necessary.
- Orders may ship in multiple parcels and from different warehouses, to reduce your delivery time.
- Shipments are fully insured and have online tracking; you're protected and informed.
- Orders over $100, require direct or adult signature.
- Orders ship in plain boxes; no indication of items inside
- To check the status of your order, go to Track Your Order.
UPS Ground (3-5 Days), 2nd Day Air or Next Day Air
ColdSteelKnivesDirect.com normally ships via UPS ground. Our web store has a built in calculator which calculates shipping and handling charges based on information it takes directly from UPS so the shipping charge will depend on the weight of the products you order, your location as well as the type of shipping service you choose. We may, at our discretion, ship some orders via FedEx.
USPS Priority Mail (5-7 Days)
Order weight is:
0 - 1 lbs. = $6.95
1.01 - 2 lbs. = $8.95
2.01 - 3 lbs. = $11.95
3.01 - 4 lbs. = $15.95
4.01 - 5 lbs. = $18.95
Over 5.01 lbs. = $21.95
Alaska & Hawaii
We gladly ship to Alaska and Hawaii via USPS.
Alaska shipments - add $2 to the charges above.
Hawaii shipments - add $3 to the charges above.
Australia & Canada
We also ship to Australia for $51.95 and Canada for $27.95.
APO [Army Post Office] and FPO [Fleet Post Office] are military designated addresses that allow mail to be delivered to overseas military locations. APO addresses are associated with US Army or Air Force installations. FPO addresses are associated with US Navy installations and ships in the United States.
When completing your Shipping Address during checkout, please make note of the following.
- The City must be entered as either "APO" or "FPO"
- The State must be selected as either "AA" "AE" or "AP" [AE for Armed Forces Europe, AA for Armed Forces Americas, or AP for Armed Forces Pacific].
- You must enter your Zip code.
- Always remember to enter your full name, grade, and PSC or unit number.
You MUST choose USPS under shipping options where it asks you to choose shipping method, otherwise you will not be able to complete your order. Standard Ground service CANNOT accept AA, AP or AE as states. Some products cannot be shipped to APO/FPO addresses. Each country has its own import restrictions. We are unable to mark all restrictions on our website and rely on our customers to be aware of any such restrictions based on the region in which they are stationed.
Some General FPO APO shipping Information and restrictions:
- Packages may not exceed 70 lbs.
- Packages may not exceed 130 inches in length and girth.
- Perishable foods, alcohol, firearms, and other hazardous materials are not allowed.
To learn more about any such restrictions please visit the USPS website regarding APO/FPO addresses.